06 16 18 – 06 30 18 Recently Published Regulatory Notices
Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
June 16 – 30, 2018
From Consolidated Audit Trail:
- Publishes the presentation used during its Industry Update.
- Releases recording of its Industry Update.
From Chicago Board Options Exchange:
- Proposes a change to modify the last trading date for options that overlie the MSCI EAFE and MSCI Emerging Market indices.
- Files amendments to modify the definition of “strategy orders” and amendments to the exclusion of bonafide market making activity.
- Proposes to extend the Penny Pilot Program until December 31, 2018.
From the Depository Trust Company:
- Proposes modifications to its Operational Arrangements to provide enhanced transparency within its procedures relating to the requirements for Units processed through IVORS.
- Files rule change to add Application Fees and the Policy Statement with respect to the provision that requires a Non-U.S. Participant applicant to provide a Foreign Legal Opinion.
- Publishes list of non-transferrable securities scheduled for destruction on or after September 28, 2018.
- Issues guidelines that must be followed related to Client bots accessing DTCC’s user interfaces.
From the Fixed Income Clearing Company:
- Issues list of obsolete MBS Clearing reports to be decommissioned on June 29, 2018.
- Advises members of a date change in the decommissioning of MBS Clearing report to September 10, 2018.
- Announces changes to its RTTM User Management for FICC RTTM Web Access effective June 29, 2018.
- Reminds participants that it will reset the CCLF requirement for Clearing Members that selected Option 1 or 2 on the Officers’ Certificate on July 2, 2018.
- Files amendment to its proposes R&W Plan and the original filing in order to clarify certain matters and make minor technical changes to the plan.
- Files amendment to its rule filing that replaces the original in its entirety and further clarifies the operation of the proposed rule changes on loss allocation by providing additional information and examples.
- ses its Reporting Technical Specification to add a “DIV” dividend reinvestment order special handling code and an additional market center ID of “DC” for the FINRA/Nasdaq Chicago Trade Reporting Facility.
From the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board:
- Updates its FAQs regarding its Rule G-42 on duties of nonsolicitor municipal advisors and the making of recommendations.
- Proposes to standardize certain information in the content outlines for its Series 50, Series 51, Series 52 and Series 53.
- Issues request for comment on a draft set of FAQs related to G-40 on, among other things, advertising by municipal advisors.
- Announces changes to the list of options eligible for the Penny Pilot Program.
- Issues a new Ranking Report available to Members on its Report HQ platform for the NOM, ISE, GEMX and MRX markets.
- Advises members of a change to the Options Regulatory Fee on its options exchanges effective August 1, 2018.
From the National Securities Clearing Corporation:
- Will implement enhancements to the AIP Services on November 16, 2018.
- Files amendment to its rule filing related to the adoption of a Recovery and Wind-down Plan and related rules to clarify certain matters and minor technical changes.
- Files amendment that replaces the initial filing in its entirety and further clarifies the operation of the proposed rule changes on loss allocation with additional details and examples.
From the New York Stock Exchange:
- Proposes to require members who participate in Reg SCI testing to also participate in scheduled Market-Wide Circuit Breaker testing.
From Options Clearing Corporation:
- Receives SEC approval to modify its margin modeling to be implemented on September 29, 2018.
- Updated its Operations Manual to reflect regulatory approval of a rule change to clarify the time at which OCC accepts and novates the transaction it clears.
From the Office of Foreign Assets Control:
- Publishes regulations to implement the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act and Executive Order 138181 “Blocking the Property of Person Involved in Series Human Rights Abuse of Corruption.”
From the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Issues request for comment on its draft of the 2018-2022 Strategic Plan that includes a draft of the missions, visions, values, strategic goals, and planned initiatives.
- Adopts amendments under the ’33 Act and the ’34 Act to the definition of ‘smaller reporting company’ as it is used the SEC’s rules and regulations.
- Adopts amendments to its form designed to improve the reporting and disclosure of liquidity information by registered open-end investment companies.
- Issues proposal of a new rule under the ’40 Act to permit exchange-traded funds that satisfy certain conditions to operation without the expense and delay of obtaining an exemptive order.
- Releases proposal and requests comment on several amendments to its rule implementing the Whistleblower Program.