Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
February 01-15, 2018
From Consolidated Audit Trail:
- Publishes initial list of FAQs related to interpretative questions.
- Announces it will published new portions of the CAT Reporting Technical Specifications for Industry Members upon review by the Operating Committee.
- Proposes change to the manner in which Complex Orders are to be entered into its Complex Order Book.
- Issues several reminders to its members of their obligations related to regulatory reporting.
- Gives notice to members of the upcoming compliance date for FinCEN’s Customer Due Diligence rule.
From the Depository Trust Company:
- Proposes rule changes related to the operations of its Board of Directors.
- Announces details of required connectivity testing.
- Will make changes to reclaim processing in March to address certain inconsistencies.
- Issues white paper on its plans related to actions after T+2.
- Publishes list of non-transferrable securities scheduled to be destroyed on or after May 16, 2018.
- Advises financial institutions that FATF has updated its list of jurisdictions with strategic anti-money launder and combatting the financing of terrorism deficiencies.
- Issues a civil penalty for $185 million against U.S. Bank for willful violations of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Issues request for comment on the idea of applying a multitude of its rules to U.S. Government debt securities as well as certain of its rules to all debit securities.
- Seeks comment on a proposal to its Membership Application Program rule that would prevent an individual from switching firms or other similar actions to avoid payment of arbitration awards while staying in the business.
- Files several rule changes announcing revisions to qualifying examinations.
- Announces updates to its REX system to support the upcoming changes to its Margin Rule 4210 related to the extension of time for Covered Agency Transactions beginning June 25, 2018.
- Issues its monthly Disciplinary Actions Report.
From Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board:
- Seeks input from market participants and the public on a draft set of FAQs related to certain aspects of MSRB Rule G-42 on duties of non-solicitor municipal advisors.
- Announces staggered implementation of changes to its PHLX, NOM and MRX Update SQF and OTTO speifications.
- Issues reminder of the processes related to “one day settling” exemption in CTS and CNS.
From the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Releases its 2018 National Examination Priororities letter for 2018.
- Announces an initiative to identify and remedy potential widespread violations by Investement Advisers who fail to make required disclosure related to their selection of mutual fund share classes that paid the adviser 12b-1 fees.
- Will host a compliance outreach program national seminar for investment companies and investment advisers on April 12, 2018.02 01 18 – 02 15 18 Recently Published Regulatory Notices